Creigiau - Pentyrch - Capel Llanilltern - Gwaelod y Garth


Hanes Pentyrch History

The Taf

The Saunders family ran this ferry for many years. Mrs Saunders, who is shown in the picture, was tragically swept away and drowned in the 1920s.

The weir was built in 1790 to provide water for the Pentyrch forge. It was removed in the late 1960s.

The Mission Hall and New Level Houses between the Taff River and feeder

In April 1926 two communities were joined together - Taff's Well became linked to Gwaelod y Garth by Pont Sion Phillip. The bridge was named after John Phillips who was Chairman of the Cardiff Rural District Council at the time.