Creigiau - Pentyrch - Capel Llanilltern - Gwaelod y Garth


Hanes Pentyrch History


Creigiau Farm which gave its name to the railway station.
The railway was completed in 1889 and over a million tons of coal was transported in the first year. Passenger trains calling at Creigiau station started in 1896 and the last train ran on 10 September 1962.

Creigiau Woods, Station Terrace and Ffynnon Dwym in 1910.




Within a few years of opening the railway station Creigiau had a post office, two grocery shops, a tea shop, a motor garage a church hall and a golf club.