Local Government Elections
Pentyrch Community Council
GWAELOD Y GARTH WARD
Following the May 2022 Local Government Elections, PCC now has 1 vacancy that we can fill by co-option.
We have a rolling set of deadlines for applications to be considered at PCC’s next meetings. Vacancies will be filled as applicants apply and are accepted:
- Gwaelod y Garth : 1 vacancy
Our Application Form is in the link below:
PCC Co-Option Application Form May to September 2022 – PDF
PCC Co-Option Application Form May to September 2022 – Word
or from Helena Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return your application to email@example.com TO REACH US BY NO LATER THAN NOON ON:
- FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 16 2022 for consideration at PCC’s September 19 meeting
PCC values all people, regardless of their gender (or gender reassignment), age, disabilities (including medical conditions), race, ethnic origin, pregnancy or maternity status, language, religious beliefs, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital status or sexual orientation.
Below are the Notices of Uncontested Elections for PCC’s three Wards. All the candidates named were elected unopposed. PCC had 6 sitting Members re-elected.
NOTICE OF ELECTION COMMUNITY LGE22 WELSH
NOTICE OF ELECTION COMMUNITY LGE22 ENGLISH
Guide to Community Council Elections
The Electoral Office of Cardiff have published the following important information and documents.
A dedicated webpage for candidates and agents standing has also been published where key information and updates will be provided during the election period:
Cardiff Council Information for Candidates
Cardiff Council Scheduled Elections and Polls
Cardiff are hosting a Candidates and Agents Briefing on Tuesday 15 March 2022 at 2pm via Microsoft Teams. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to join the briefing. The briefing will provide an opportunity for candidates and agents to be informed of some key changes, including important changes to the nomination papers and process.
Update from The Electoral Commission, Wales: guidance to candidates and agents on teachers standing in town and community council elections. The Commission has now updated Part 1 of Community Council Part 1 guidance in English and Welsh to remove paragraph 1.30 which stated that ‘If you are a teacher in a school maintained by the local authority you will be disqualified from being a member of the community council.’
VOTING IN WALES
Due to recent changes to the law in Wales, these elections will be the first opportunity for many foreign citizens to have their say on who they want to represent them in their council. Councils make decisions on a range of issues which affect our everyday lives, including education, social care, housing, leisure services, and rubbish and recycling collection.
You must be registered to vote by midnight on Thursday 14 April 2022 to participate in these elections. You can register now at gov.uk/register-to-vote – it only takes five minutes.
There are a number of ways to have your say in the election in May – you can vote at a polling station, by post, or by appointing someone you trust to vote on your behalf, which is known as a proxy vote. For more information about voting in elections in Wales go to the Electoral Commission’s website: electoralcommission.org.uk/voter.
Welsh QFC FAQ sheet – Wales 2022
Urdu_QFC FAQ sheet – Wales 2022
Polish_QFC FAQ sheet – Wales 2022
English QFC FAQ sheet – Wales 2022
Chinese_QFC FAQ sheet – Wales 2022
Bengali_QFC FAQ sheet – Wales 2022
Nomination pack communities WELSH
Candidate useful information and key dates
Candidate useful information and key dates WELSH
1. Candidate and Agent contact information form WELSH
1. Candidate and Agent contact information form
4. Postal-voting-agent-appointment-form WELSH
5. Polling agent appointment form WELSH
5. Polling agent appointment form
6. Counting agent appointment form WELSH
6. Counting agent appointment form
7. Candidate guest appointment form
7. Count guest appointment form WELSH
7. Count guest appointment form
8. Absent voters list request form WELSH
8. Absent voters list request form
9. Register request form WELSH
PCC encourages all its electors to register to vote and to consider standing for one of the 13 seats on PCC.
Find your local councillor and nearest polling station
Electoral Commission information on Community Council Meetings
Guidance for Community Council Candidates
PCC is divided into 3 Wards: Creigiau (including Capel Llanilltern), Pentyrch and Gwaelod y Garth. Each Ward has a different number of councillors representing it depending on the number of electors:
Gwaelod y Garth : 2
Pentyrch : 6
Creigiau : 5
Fideos codi ymwybyddiaeth / hyrwyddo – Cynghorwyr Cymuned a Thref
Mae Un Llais Cymru – gyda chymorth Llywodraeth Cymru – wedi cyhoeddi fideo i hyrwyddo ac annog unigolion i gyflwyno eu henwau yn ymgeisyddion ar gyfer etholiadau cynghorau cymuned a thref a gynhelir ym mis Mai 2022. Mae’r fideo sydd ar gael yn y Gymraeg a’r Saesneg yma:
Cymraeg Hafan – One Voice Wales – Welsh (unllaiscymru.org.uk)
Saesneg Home – One Voice Wales
Mae’r fideo yn:
- Codi ymwybyddiaeth o rôl a chyfraniad cynghorwyr cymuned a thref i gymdeithas
- Nodi sut mae cynghorwyr cymuned a thref mewn sefyllfa dda i wybod beth yw blaenoriaethau ac anghenion eu hardal leol a sut all cynghorau gydweithio gyda phartneriaid lleol i greu newid cadarnhaol
- Nodi pwysigrwydd amrywiaeth mewn llywodraeth leol
- Tynnu sylw at yr heriau y mae cynghorwyr yn eu hwynebu a’r gefnogaeth sydd ar gael iddynt e.e. trwy raglenni hyfforddiant a drefnir gan Un Llais Cymru
- Amlinellu’r sgiliau, gwybodaeth a phrofiad y maent wedi’u meithrin trwy eu rôl a sut ellir eu defnyddio mewn agweddau eraill ar fywyd a gwaith, gorfod cyfarwyddo a deall nifer o faterion anghyfarwydd a chael gwell dealltwriaeth o sut mae democratiaeth leol yn gweithio
- Cyfleu bod gan bawb sgiliau y gallent eu cynnig i rôl Cynghorydd o’u bywyd bob dydd e.e. trefnu, cyfathrebu, datrys problemau ac ati
Raising awareness / promotion videos – Community and Town Councillors
One Voice Wales – with assistance from Welsh Government – has published a video to promote and encourage individuals to stand for the local community and town council elections in May 2022. The video, is available here in Welsh and English:
Welsh Hafan – One Voice Wales – Welsh (unllaiscymru.org.uk)
English Home – One Voice Wales
- Raises awareness of the role and contribution community and town councillors make to society
- Shows how community and town councillors are well placed to know the priorities and needs of their local area and how councils can collaborate with local partners to achieve positive change
- Explains the importance of diversity in local government
- Explains the challenges councillors face and the support available to them e.g., through training programmes provided by One Voice Wales
- Outlines the skills, knowledge and experience gained through the role and their wider application in other aspects of life and employment, the exposure to a range of unfamiliar issues and a greater understanding of how local democracy works
- Explains that everyone has skills to bring to the role of Councillor from their daily life e.g. organisation, communication, problem solving etc.
Here are some documents about being a Community Councillor and how councils work:
Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales – Annual Report 2021 copy
Boundary Commission : Review of Cardiff Council
Mae’r Comisiwn wedi cyhoeddi ei Argymhellion Terfynol o drefniadau etholiadol ar gyfer Dinas a Sir Caerdydd a’i chyflwyno i Weinidogion Llywodraeth Cymru ar 05 Tachwedd 2020.
The Commission has published its Final Recommendations for the future electoral arrangements for the City and County of Cardiff and submitted them to Welsh Government Ministers on 05 November 2020.
Adroddiad Argymhellion Terfynol Caerdydd
Boundary Commission Cardiff Summary of Recommendations Eng
Boundary Commission map Pentyrch and Sain Ffagan_0
One Vacancy at PCC
Creigiau Ward : Co-option
We will post information on here in due course. Any Councillor co-opted onto PCC now will serve a term that end in May 2022.