Protecting the environment, quality of life, and rural character of the four villages
Pentyrch Community Council serves the villages of Pentyrch, Creigiau, including Capel Llanilltern, and Gwaelod y Garth. The Council consists of 13 Councillors representing the villages 6:5:2 respectively. The Community Council area is covered by two County Council wards – Pentyrch (Pentyrch & Gwaelod y Garth) and Creigiau (Creigiau & Capel Llanilltern). The Creigiau County Council ward also includes St Fagans but there is a separate St Fagans Community Council. You can find us on Facebook.
Pentyrch Community Council meets once a month (except August) – normally the third Monday of the month – when the day to day business of the Council is decided upon. The meetings are advertised well in advance and the public invited to attend. There is a provision on the Agenda for the public to voice any concerns. The venue of the meeting rotates between the three villages and the current arrangements are on the Community Council Meetings page of this site. All meetings will start at 7.00pm unless otherwise advertised.
PCC is a statutory consultee on community planning which means that Cardiff Council must consult us so that we can respond on behalf of the community. We also respond to consultations from Cardiff, Welsh Government and other bodies where the community may be affected.
We have a supply of green recycling and food bags, re-stocked regularly by Cardiff Council.
“PENTYRCH, or, PANT YR YCH, i. e., The Ox’s Vale, in the Cwmwd of Meisgyn, Cantref of Penythen (now called the Hundred of Miskin), County of GLAMORGAN, South Wales: a discharged Vicarage valued in the King’s Books at £8..3..1 1/2: Patrons, The Bishop and Chapter of Llandaff: Church dedicated to St. Cadog. The Resident Population of this Parish, in 1801, was 470. The Money raised by the Parish Rates, in 1803, was, £324..17..6 1/4. It is 6 m. W. N. W. from Caerdiff. This Parish contains about 1500 acres of Land: and abounds with good Coal. According to the Diocesan Report, in 1809, the yearly value of this Benefice, arising from Augmentation, and Tythes, was £94. ” From: A Topographical Dictionary of The Dominion of Wales by Nicholas Carlisle, London, 1811.