This page gives links to news and guidance from the UK and Welsh Governments and Cardiff Council – in that order below. Following that is local information and support available to our communities.
PCC’s office at 1 Penuel Road, Pentyrch is closed for the time being but you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can also contact your local PCC Councillor – all contact details are on the Councillor tab of this site and in the Community Link.
Leaflets have been delivered to all households offering help to those who need it.
A supply of green recycling and food bags will be kept by the front door of the office for as long as we are able to do that. We wish all of you the very
HMG Guidance : For all guidance on Covid-19 please use this link.
Welsh Government guidance
Cardiff Council guidance and information
For all updates from Cardiff please use this link to Cardiff Newsroom
- Call Adviceline 029 2087 1071 or visit Cardiff Foodbank website https://cardiff.foodbank.org.uk/ for information on how to obtain a Cardiff Foodbank voucher. Organisations who hold vouchers are listed on the site, as well as locations where food parcels can be collected
- Emergency food parcels can also be collected from four hubs – Ely & Caerau, The Powerhouse in Llanedeyrn, St Mellons, and Central Library Hub. Anybody who attends at hub will be contacted by the Adviceline to discuss the root cause of a parcel being required and to offer support with benefit enquiries etc.
- Meals on Wheels (If they meet required criteria) Prices start from £3.90 Tel: 02920 537 080
- Visit the Together for Cardiff pages on the Volunteer Cardiff Website
- Those without internet access or for further info, call the Adviceline who will signpost people to approved local support groups 02920 871 071
- Call or email Advice Line on 02920 871 071 or advicehub@Cardiff.gov.uk for delivery of food/ essential items parcel. Foodbank voucher will be ‘virtually’ completed by staff for customers
Together For Cardiff. This is a place to register for volunteering in Cardiff.
Other local advice and information
Pentyrch Rugby Club : help in the community:
Bus services: new timetables were issued on March 25:
There seems to be only 1 bus/day on the G1 route from Gwaelod leaving at 11:50am. We will add more information when we have it.
Creigiau: there are bus stops for routes 124 and 122 at Robin Hill and Tynant Road on the A4119 (Llantrisant Road).
Trading Standards Scam Team : Here is information on scams with a page on specific scams happening around Coronavirus.
Information from Age Cymru.
PCC will to the best of its ability in this emergency follow the guidelines on working in partnership and with volunteers as set out in the following documents: